Overview / Challenge:
Coca Cola Amatil has a significant distribution network for their products, but they are largely dependent on their business clients ordering product as and when they need them e.g. reactive. Historically they hadn’t created any initiatives to proactively drive direct sales from particular business segments. Managing Director Terry Davis (ex-Cellarmasters) was keen to trial a direct campaign for CCA and it was decided that using the Powerade Isotonic creative developed for the 2006 Soccer World Cup sponsorship was a good place to start.
- Created and implemented the marketing strategy to help increase the sale of Powerade Isotonic from sports clubs and other similar environments during a defined campaign period.
- Developed the financial forecasts model which set the measurable objectives around KPI’s by audience segment.
- Assisted with the offer design, whereby respondents got every 5th case free for orders before the cut-off date. The first 250 respondents also received a ‘Get There’ pack which included a DVD & posters that would benefit coaches and teams.
- Pulled together and managed the creative team who were required to create the direct mail pack but follow the creative look and feel already established by the brand agency.
- Briefed and managed the production and distribution suppliers.
- Worked closely with the internal call centre and IT team to create a separate in-house system for capturing orders and tracking direct leads and sales.
- The orders generated from this campaign exceeded set forecasts by 29%.
- The entire campaign from strategy through to post-campaign analysis was created at a fraction of the cost of their usual marketing spend.